How Should Correct Hand Washing Steps Be?
The basis of our protection against the Covid-19 virus, which is spreading rapidly again, is to comply with hygiene rules. Since childhood, we were encouraged to wash our hands as soon as we stepped home in order not to be sick. Because one of the most effective measures that can be taken against the spread of viruses is to give importance to hand hygiene. Especially at this time, if we do not have an alternative to wash our hands with plenty of water and soap in our immediate environment, it is necessary to disinfect hands with cleaning fluids such as an antibacterial gel.
How Do We Keep Our Hands Clean?
Thanks to our mothers, we have learned from an early age that microbes are not very resistant to water and soap. But it shouldn't be a light cleaning. Perhaps the term “correct hand washing “ did not make much sense to many of us before the Covid-19 era. But during this period, many doctors and many people made statements about the correct hand washing technique. Thanks to the correct hand washing, it is aimed that water and soap touch every part of the hands long enough and properly.
Correct Hand Washing Technique
There is a 6-item correct hand washing technique announced by the Ministry of Health. So what are these correct hand washing technique, let's examine them together;
- Before hand washing, accessories such as rings and watches are removed.
- Hands are wetted under running water.
- Foam the wrists, palms, between the back and fingers of the hands, and the edges and ends of the nails with soap and rub vigorously for at least 20 seconds.
- Hands are thoroughly rinsed under water.
- The hands are dried with paper towel starting from the wrists.
- The tap is turned off with the same paper towel.